Press Setter Operator
RSW are working closely with one of their prestigious clients based in the Bridgend area and are looking to recruit a Press Setter on a temp to perm basis. The position is an immediate start for the right person working days regular.
Overview of Role:
The Work will be carried out in a small press shop, with 8 other setters and operators
- The applicant must possess particular practical productive knowledge
- Will have the adequate technical knowledge to set and use a variety of power presses to complete the roll intended.
- Will have a good knowledge of H&S and quality and be able set presses for other operators as to manufacture parts
- Have the responsibility for the correct and completion of jobs.
- Also be able to set a variety of tools in different types of power presses from 20- 100 tonne
- Must adhere to H&S and environmental policy's
- Set a press and ensure all guards are secured and all opening required are kept to a minimum.
- Sign off press once set.
- Check and sign off a press set by other setters.
- Sign the press sheet within the first four hours of a new shift.
- Ensure any tools that has been removed is stored away in it correct location, and remove or cover with purpose made cover for all stops sticking outside pallet base.
- Add batch information to all Requisitions to include date, mill cert No, supplier.
- Must adhere to company safe working procedures
- Suggest improvements to procedures and safe systems of work
- Power press setters experience
- Min 1 Years power press experience covering a variety of presses up to 100 tonne
- Experience in repairing/maintaining press
- Good numerical and Literacy skills
- Excellent time keeping skills
Apply today if interested!